Membership for Healthcare Professionals
Membership of the national patient charity is free for healthcare professionals in the UK & Ireland with an interest in Aortic Dissection.
Becoming a member enables you to show your support for the charity, ensures that you are kept informed of our news, invited to our events (including our annual national Aortic Dissection Awareness Day conferences in the UK & Ireland) and entitles you to take-up one-of our many volunteering opportunities, perhaps even serving on the Committee, or as a Trustee, if you so wish.
Individual membership of the national patient charity is completely FREE.
Benefits for everyone
- Dedicated website: aorticdissectionawareness.org
- E-mail updates from AD Awareness UK&I
- Notices about events
- Stay up-to-date about Aortic Dissection with our e-newsletter
- Support the 4,000 people in the UK who have an Aortic Dissection every year
- Support the families of patients and the bereaved relatives of those who lose their lives
- Make a difference in the diagnosis and treatment of Aortic Dissection in the UK & Ireland
- Community activities and fundraising opportunities
- Eligible to vote at charity meetings and the AGM
- Eligible to stand for election to the Committee or as a Trustee when opportunities arise
Benefits for healthcare professionals
As for 'Everyone', plus
- Show your support for the national patient charity for Aortic Dissection
- Invitation or possibly the opportunity to present at our national Aortic Dissection Awareness Day conferences
- Invitations to events including: Aortic Dissection Awareness Day, Zoom webinars, Research seminars
- Access to hundreds of Aortic Dissection survivors when you need a patient voice
- Work with us on collaborative projects to improve diagnosis and care
- Involve us in new projects, e.g. research studies, education initiatives or events
- Get to know us and when you feel comfortable, refer your patients to us.