Benefits of Membership
This page is for becoming a member of Aortic Dissection Awareness UK & Ireland, the national patient charity. Apply separately for membership of the AD Buddies UK & Ireland Support Group on Facebook; please click here
Membership of both Aortic Dissection Awareness UK&I and the Buddies group is FREE.
- Dedicated website: aorticdissectionawareness.org
- E-mail updates from AD Awareness UK&I
- Notices about events
- Stay up-to-date about Aortic Dissection with our quarterly e-newsletter
- Support the 4,000 people in the UK who have an Aortic Dissection every year
- Support the families of patients and the bereaved relatives of those who die
- Make a difference in the diagnosis and treatment of Aortic Dissection in the UK
- Fund raising opportunities
As for “Everyone” plus:
- Aortic Dissection Awareness Day Conference every September
- Priority invitations to events including: Aortic Dissection Awareness Day, Thursday monthly Zoom webinars, Buddy group meet-ups, and some free passes to other events such as SCTS
- Ready-made support network with hundreds of members across the UK and Ireland
- Active online community (AD Buddies Facebook Group) (separate registration)
- Information, advice and support from other patients in similar situations
- Resources (Files) library on the Buddies Facebook Group
- Plans to expand web site with member-only resources.
- Regular meet-ups and the opportunity to arrange ad-hoc meet-ups
- Opportunities to get involved in projects (awareness, research, patient advocacy)
As for Patients, plus
- Improved your understanding of Aortic Dissection
- Get to know other patients, relatives and carers – online and/or in person
- Ask questions and get informed answers from a range of perspectives
- Chat about your issues and concerns and ‘let off steam’
- Receive helpful support and advice during bereavement
- Get involved in improving care for Aortic Dissection patients
For healthcare professionals
As for Everyone plus
- Show your support for the national patient association for Aortic Dissection
- The opportunity to attend or be invited to present or participate in the Aortic Dissection Awareness Day Conference every September
- Invitations to events including: Aortic Dissection Awarenesss Day, Thursday monthly Zoom webinars
- Access to hundreds of Aortic Dissection survivors when you need a patient voice
- Work with us on collaborative projects to improve diagnosis and care
- Involve us in new projects, e.g. research studies, education initiatives or events
- Get to know us until you feel comfortable referring your patients to us too.
Aortic Dissection Awareness UK & Ireland is the national patient charity for Aortic Dissection in the UK & Ireland.
Aortic Dissection Awareness Day UK is our flagship national event which happens every 19th September - see our Events page.
THINK AORTA is our life-saving global campaign to improve awareness, diagnosis and prevention of this lethal disease.
Copyright © Aortic Dissection Awareness UK & Ireland 2016-2022. All rights reserved
Think Aorta ® is a registered Trade Mark